Friday, March 6, 2009

... another update

Last week we grabbed another victory. We played Aschersleben; a team that beat us earlier in the year (yeah up 11 with 2:30 to go).

Neither team played great defense to begin the game and as a result I had 9 points by the end of the first frame. That would be the end of that, though. For the rest of the game I saw waves of double teams (even the occasional triple team) when ever I got the ball. Naturally, I was frustrated, but I don't think I've been more proud of my teammates this year.

Our starting point guard was out with the flu and a few other reserves were injured, so we went in a bit thinner than we usually do. I was worried that Nick and I would have to put up surreal numbers; but thankfully, that wasn't the case.

Our back up shooting guard, who averages around 6 points/game, had a season best 22 points. He was really efficient and took what was given to him. The starting shooting guard, who got moved to point guard because of injury, had 19, and Nick had 18. Our "utility" player had his season best of 10 points also. All around it was great stuff.

I finished with my second worst point output of the season with 9 points (14 rebounds); but I'll take that every time if we get the same result.


This coming weekend, we have a NESCAC-esque situation because we play back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday.

Speaking of which, Amherst plays Gwenydd-Mercy tonight in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Let's Go Jeffs! Terras Irradient!

Oh yeah. Current Amherst Senior, Ben Kaplan, is going to chronicle this year's quest for the Walnut and Bronze. Give it a gander!


No comments: