Monday, February 23, 2009

The Knee

This morning I went to the doctor to have my knee examined. As you may recall, I came down funny off of a rebound and it just gave way. I finished the game, but I was noticeably favoring it. There wasn't any swelling until the next morning; but once it happened, well, it happened. 

The doctor is always a special experience, but it is especially so over here.  I wish there was a hidden camera because I am sure our attempts to break through language barrier were entertaining. I know the nurses who were sitting in had a good time. 

The Doc twisted, pressed, pulled, poked, prodded, and pushed on everything conceiveable in, on, and around my knee. I guess the best way to check ligaments is to see if you can rip them with your bare hands. Turns out I had no damage there...other than the bruising he may have caused himself. 

He prescribed some kind of cream stuff and some kind of pill; both to help with the inflammation. When I asked him what the pill was for, he responded, "I hope you don't have stomach problems." That's cool, right? I had to look up the name of the medicine online before I took that one, haha. 

Wellps, that's about it. I am out of commision until my checkup on Friday. Hopefully it goes well and I will get cleared to play. 

P.S.- anyone see Slumdog Millionaire? I guess I should put that on my list.

No comments: