Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rocky IV

I won't even attempt to match Goldy's latest post. From perfectly describing the tension between not wanting to offend your host and actually wanting to enjoy eating to his alter ego bursting out in all its glory, his last entry is...I can't resist...pure Gold.

Much like the battle Mateo described ( of which I am anxiously awaiting the video ), my last game could bore many similarities to a Rocky movie. We weren't the underdog, really, but there was enough punching and blood to make a watchable movie.

I don't think I've gotten a technical foul in my career, and I still haven't, but I did manage to get a warning. This probably wouldn't surprise my former roommates because they think I'm a little crazy, but I assure you I am not. I am typically very patient, but I must admit I don't have much tolerance for disrespect.

All I know, is that guy guarding me decided it was a good idea to try to sterilize me. After he realized his first attempt was unsuccessful, he tried again. The choice between children and the offensive rebound is a no-brainer, obviously, so I continued to maneuver past him. He didn't like that very much so he elbowed me in the neck and tripped me.

I got up barking at him to never, ever, do that again, but the officials stopped before I could finish the ultimatum.

Anyway the game was close the entire contest. In a crucial possession where I was not-at-all fouled ( just randomly started bleeding and lost the ball ) on an offensive rebound, there was a tussle for possession on the ground. Not only didn't the official call a jump ball, he watched as I took a left hook to the chin from the same guy who had hit me earlier. Did the official blow his whistle? Yes! But to call a travel on me. That was cool.

Anywho, to make a long story short, I hit a step back, banked, three (would you believe me if I said it was on purpose?) to twist a dagger in their chests late in the game.

Twasn't my best scoring output ( 14 ) but I rebounded well ( 12ish) and we clinched 2nd place and kept out championships hope alive.

No comments: