Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's up, Berlin?


So yesterday a few teammates, a couple others, Nick, and I travelled to Berlin and Bernau. During the 2 hour train ride, I saw a few noteworthy things. The first is the endless countryside. There is farmland for kilometers in between bigger cities. Sprinkled in there are lots of huge three-armed windmills. I also saw the tropical "island" about halfway between Cottbus and Berlin.  The "island" is pretty much an enclosed, man-made biome.  It has its own climate and everything- complete with weather, plants, and animals. I will have to put it on my checklist of places to go. 

A little later on, we passed the new arena called O2(as in oxygen) World. In an effort to promote the NBA in Europe, the Hornets will play the Wizards there in October. Hopefully I can catch that game.

Speaking of which, after we sight-saw in Berlin for a couple hours , we rode to Bernau to catch a 4th league team play a 1st league team. 'Twas pretty crazy because one of the American import players on the team from the 4th league  (one of Nick's best friends) replaced an American player who played for half a season  before moving up to the 1st league team...both of whom played D-III. Craziness.

Anyway, I walked away from the game confident that I can play at 1st league level. Seeing them play has helped give me a sense of where I need to be and I think it's a very attainable goal.

Good, better, best....


1 comment:

mommaj said...

I have no doubt, you will get where you need to be. You are a soldier, keep marching...