Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ugly wins are better than losses.

We just wrapped up this weekend with two more victories (4-0 in le preseason). The first club we played was the second team of Alba Berlin. Alba Berlin's first team won the championship in the highest league here in Germany last season. Their second team consists of guys who are 21 or younger and are supposedly the most promising prospects Deutschland has to offer. They were actually the first team to have more size than us. I think they started 6'10, 6'9, 6'5, 6'3,6'2. I certainly didn't play my best that game. I shot poorly in the first half, I don't know how I managed to be the high scorer...wasn't very pretty. The second half was better, though. It's an adjustment for me to have to shoot through bad spells...but that's okay because it builds character. I don't know about the boards, but I finished with 15 points. On the bright side, we had 5 people in double figures. I think we won by a hard fought 30. It felt like a 3 point game until the last 2 minutes... weird.

The name of the second club is too hard to spell, and I can't find them on the schedule so I won't try. Their best two players were very good. One 6'6 or 6'7 muscle-head had super boost. He pinned my teammate's first lay-up against the backboard about as hard as I have ever seen. I played much better that game though I didn't get a whole lot of touches. As a team, I think we need to do a better job of running plays for the guys who are the best scorers. We had a lot of dead sets because the ball ends up in the hands of the wrong people in the wrong position. I had an efficient 18 and we won by almost 20 I think. 

Overall I'd give myself a C+ for the first game and a B for the second. My body hurts. The American diner we are getting ready to go to will make me feel better.

Guten Tag


1 comment:

David said...

"The American diner we are getting ready to go to will make me feel better."

Jones Special
Cheeseburger deluxe. No fruits or vegetables. Waffle fries. Milkshake.