Monday, September 29, 2008

Big gulps, huh?

Wellps, the first game came and went. It was a real barn burner, too. With 30 seconds to go we were only up 39 points. After the game, our coach expressed his disappointment to the media saying that we "should have won by 100" against our opponent. 

Please excuse my sarcasm, but my coach did actually say that. While on the topic of things my coach did, I feel the urge to make a list- 

My coach said:

When I am open to shoot the three on the ball reversal, to not shoot.  
When I catch the ball against zone defense to try and score.
Don't shoot the wide open three off of one pass against the zone.
Shoot a challenged jump shot, instead. (Mostly because it's about two feet closer despite it still being one pass against the zone.)
Don't throw a skip pass to someone for a wide open shot that wasn't a lay-up.
Don't shoot an open shot because we can get them whenever we want.


There are a host of contradictions that I'd rather not discuss at the moment. Talking about them right now will only put me in the wrong mindset for practice in a couple of hours. 


Tough times pass, tough people last. He can kiss my grits. 

Sorry about the typographical errors earlier. Haste makes waste. 

1 comment:

jonesig said...

that last line was stupendous.