Friday, April 10, 2009

Cottbus vs Halle

I realize I really set myself up for a challenge in trying to write about a game that happened almost three weeks ago, but I like challenges so......

On March 21st, we traveled over three hours west in a cramped minivan to Halle, Germany. We arrived at the opponent's arena 30 minutes before tip off, so we really had a lot of time to get warmed up and stretched.

The first half of the game wasn't host to very much excitement. They switched to a zone 2 minutes into the game and we played a very methodical and rigid zone offense. That combination that led to us being down 3 at halftime.

The second half was a bit better. Even though we didn't execute against their zone well, we rebounded better offensively so we clung to a ten point lead late in the game. The officials tried their best to give the home team every possible chance to get points by calling phantom fouls, but in the end we made enough free throws to seal the victory.

Not only did we win, but the 1st place team in the league did as well. That meant the last game of the season would determine the champion.

I believe I finished with 15ish and 10ish.

That's all I got.

No comments: